Spent the evening hanging out with these four LDS (Mormon) peeps who are on a six-week eurotrip. Upon learning that they all go to BYU, I was surprised to find out that one of them grew up in Jersey, and she and Matt have many mutual friends. Hung out at the bar until late playing spades while enjoying some great Hefeweizen. I'm a fan.
The boat is the closest thing I’ve ever experienced to a cruise ship. Eight decks open to passengers, on-deck pool and hot tub, three bars, disco dance floor, slot machines, and even these bizarre submarine/lifeboats. For only 40 euro, we’re livin it up. Sleeping last night was definitely not too comfortable (40 euro price includes your choice of carpeted floor or cushioned dining booth for sleeping arrangements) but since we’ll just be chillin all day on the ship that should be remedied shortly. The ride lasts 30+ hours, meaning two nights and a full day aboard.
Quick recap of the last few days:
- Greek Island of Agina. Never seen water so blue before. Rented hotel from cute little old couple for 16 euro a person with beachfront view. Rented mopeds for 8 euro a person. Awesome.
- Athens. Terry saw everything in sub-10 hours. The rest of us were content to visit the Parthenon and a few other sites.
Writing this in a Word document without Internet, so I gotta go find a signal. I’ve been wandering around trying to find a location with both a decent wireless signal and power outlet access for more than 30 minutes now, and i'm getting a bit miffed. Paid 14 euro for 24-hr internet access, and we gotta get our dollaz worth, so I’m off to search again.
- Josh
No comments:
Post a Comment